Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process orders for supplies and equipment via the SciQuest system; order instructional equipment; maintain office supplies by checking inventory; procurement card management, excess catalog, work control requests, key requests, courier requests, B-450 move requests, new supplier requests, send suite live use for mailing. Process faculty reimbursements via SciQuest; conduct research on pricing by internet and phone.
- Process travel authorizations and expense reports; print out monthly budgetary reports using SSB; track travel expenses and faculty balances throughout the fiscal year; assist with tracking other departmental fund balances,
- Collect time sheets from Graduate Assistants and student employees, confirm the GA supervisor approval for each time sheet, and monitor hours in Kronos to ensure compliance. Assist with the supervision and hiring of student employees; maintain personnel files on students, maintain all information in a confidential manner.
- Assist Administrative Coordinator, Chairperson, and search committee with faculty searches; includes correspondence, schedules, making reservations, send department and university information to the candidate(s), schedule rooms for interviews and/or Zoom, create candidate files and maintain charts of qualifications, assist with reference checks, maintain faculty CV's.
- Serve as backup for updating departmental website; enroll in and attend SiteCore trainings to receive clearance to make changes/updates to the departmental website; updates will include such items as updating curriculum changes, faculty additions/deletions, and faculty and staff departmental recognitions and announcements.
- Serve as liaison between program director and Rinker Center for International Programs as needed. Support director with maintaining student records and accreditation information.
- Utilize university systems to assist with faculty request, student information, course and program enrollment data; assist students and visitors seeking information for specific problems and concerns.
- Work directly with the department chairperson and assist the Administrative coordinator in researching and compiling information as needed for faculty and Chair; assist in preparing academic reports, proposals, spreadsheets and/or databases, institutional effectiveness reports; compile information in reports for other departments, colleges and the university, i.e. student teaching placements, faculty vacancy positions, graduate assistantships, evaluation requests and grade. ABA Enrollment & Tuition Reporting.
- Support the Project Specialist with monitoring and working with students who receive Incomplete grades in online courses with the goal of course completion. Support the Project Specialist with Grade Change Forms for the department.
- Request textbook copies for undergraduate and graduate faculty; prepare textbook orders for all undergraduate and graduate courses in the department via AIP; coordinate with the bookstore management team each semester.
- Assist the Administrative Coordinator in requesting accommodation support for faculty: coordinating with Disability services for Interpreters, additional Graduate Assistant Support, and equipment needs.
- Under the directive of the Dean of the Graduate School, admit students using Graduate School advising database and Slate program. Provide admission, advising and administrative support to the program directors and students in Special Education for all graduate programs. Correspond as admissions coordinator with prospective and applying graduate students, act as liaison between graduate school admissions office, program directors, and applicants. Check status as students matriculate; assist doctoral program director in completing all necessary information to facilitate degree completion; set permits in banner as needed.
- Perform receptionist, clerical and administrative support to the departmental office; includes answering the telephone, taking messages, greeting students and visitors. Respond to requests for information; word processing, document distribution, record keeping, appointment scheduling, minor bookkeeping, donor letters, CEU letters, mail distribution, inter-department communications. Responsible for scheduling maintenance of office equipment.
- Content Specialist Management; track course offerings by semester.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.