Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Career Center staff to gain full knowledge of all pertinent events, services to create and execute a yearly marketing plan for the Career Center.
- Oversee Career Center marketing communications support for professional development programs, career planning, job search training and development, employer relations events, and all Career Center events and services.
- Coordinate the creation of advertising and marketing communications pieces for Career Center staff, programs, events, and services; includes conceptualize themes, create design, and produce promotional materials and pieces for advertisement space.
- Write and review copy to be clear, concise and grammatically correct; drive the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication; understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets; maintain a clear and consistent brand voice; familiar with commonly used style guides.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the Career Center’s social media strategy; create and publish content and maintain relationships with user communities on multiple platforms; collaborate with internal marketing and public relations teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating an engaged social media community.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on university policy as well as marketing guidelines and branding by collaborating with the Marketing and Communications Department as well as the Student Affairs Communication Team.
- Utilize connections on campus to learn about new and trending ways to market and promote Career Center events to students, faculty, staff and external partners.
- Oversee maintenance and updating of information on Career Center website, understanding both content management system and traditional website upkeep for all Career Center pieces online.
- Assign and review work of student assistants; interview, select, orient, train, assign tasks, manage performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Assist in designing and updating presentations utilizing PowerPoint, InDesign or similar; continually seek new and innovative ways to connect with students and employers through presentation.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our vendors as well as provide quality customer service to a variety of constituencies.
- Assist in the creation and development of multimedia (audio/video) content for the Career Center; collaborate closely with internal and external partners to help facilitate; Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations; Reserve and rent equipment; media management and archiving project media; Manage video library.
- Support the culture and mission of the Ball State University Career Center.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.