Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide, develop, and evaluate reference and research consultation services for students, faculty, researchers, and community members regarding GIS research methodologies and technology use; serve as collaborative research partner supporting faculty conducting digital scholarship projects pertaining to data mapping and visualization.
- Provide leadership supporting campus-wide geospatial technology implementation, updates, maintenance, and permission control; administer software site license contracts for all geospatial software used on campus.
- Design, develop, and lead instruction sessions for Ball State University students and other learners regarding effective GIS research and GIS software use to support information literacy and digital scholarship literacy learning outcomes.
- Develop, organize, and lead educational and instructional digital scholarship programming events regarding mapping and data visualization, including University Libraries workshops and other related GIS programming events.
- Serve as the systems administrator for GIS Research and Map Collection (GRMC) in the University Libraries by maintaining the facility’s hardware and software pertaining to GIS research.
- Actively participate in and positively contribute to the activities of the Libraries, university, and profession through such opportunities as related professional organizations, presentations, committee service, publication, etc.; keep abreast of professional literature and scholarly developments in areas of specialization and pursue opportunities for relevant professional development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.