- plan and provide workshops that address common obstacles faced by STEM students in gateway science courses;
- meet one on one or in small groups to support students in the acquisition of learning and study strategies necessary to succeed in STEM courses;
- employ active learning and developmental pedagogies to engage students directly in the learning process; and
- represent the Academic Success Center at Open Houses, Admitted Student Day, Science Learning Community and other campus events.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field or STEM Education
- 1-2 years’ experience working with college students in a teaching, advising, coaching, mentoring or counseling capacity
- Knowledge of a science disciplinary field and learning processes and practices required to achieve success in STEM fields
- Commitment to and understanding of the varying needs of students, particularly those who are academically at risk
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Master’s degree in a STEM or STEM Education field
- Demonstrated experience in learning support programs and/or professional advising centers
- Experience in workshop development and training
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants